Hogwarts RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neighborhood

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Neighborhood - Page 2 Empty Re: Neighborhood

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:10 pm

"There is no need to be concerned," Minerva said, meeting Amy's eyes. "I am Professor Minerva McGonagall from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Since we sent out your acceptance letter today, I am here to answer any questions you or your parents may have."

Avery didn't say anything, just watched the two of them in silence.

Star the Foxhound
Admin

http://hogwartsrpg.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Amy blinked. "Well, that was fast." She paused for a second. "So... I'm guessing it isn't a prank. But my parents are kind of at work right now."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 pm

"It is not a prank," Minerva said. "Although it is not an uncommon reaction of the students coming from non-magical background.

She paused for a moment. "If you decide to attend Hogwarts, either myself or one of the other staff members will return closer to the start of term in order to help you access Diagon Alley, where you will shop for your school supplies. Will you be able to explain all of this to your parents, or would you prefer for me to return later?"

Avery spoke up then. "Actually, Professor. My dad and I would be more then willing to take Amy with us when we go to Diagon Alley to get my school stuff."

Minerva looked at Avery then. When she looked at the girl more closely, she looked similar to a student she had taught years ago. He would be old enough to have a child Avery's age, wouldn't he? "Are you related to Robert Armistead?" She asked curiously, "I taught him when he was a student at Hogwarts."

"Yeah, he's my dad," Avery said, surprised that the professor would be able to make the connection.

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Amy watched the exchange in mild amusement. "Well, that certainly proves that teachers have disturbingly good memories," she joked. Then she thought through her options. "Honestly... I think it would be best if you came back later. I mean, to explain the whole magical-Hogwarts-school thing. I have a slight reputation for making things up as I go along, and I don't think my parents would believe something as... unexpected as this, you know?" She paused, then turned to Avery. "Unless you can somehow talk your dad into explaining?"

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 pm

"I might be able to," Avery said, "When he gets home from work but it might be better to be on the safe side. I am definitely going to tell him this news though."

"Very well," Minerva said, "What time will your parents be home Miss DeGroot?"

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Amy waved her hand in the horizontal rocking motion used by people hazarding a guess. "Eh, mum's usually home around five, quarter after? Five-thirty, tops, if there's a lot of traffic." She shrugged. "And dad gets home anywhere between five-thirty and quarter after six, depending on how busy the office is and traffic again."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:27 pm

"I will return this evening, then," Minerva said, "Have a good afternoon Miss DeGroot, Miss Armistead."

Avery watched her go before turning to Amy. "Isn't this wonderful? I never imagined before today that you would be able to go to Hogwarts. Now we can go to Diagon Alley together to get our things for school and we can see each other all year long. I hope that we're in the same house."

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 pm

"Wait, house?" Amy asked, thoroughly confused. "What do you mean house? I thought it was a school."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:31 pm

"It is a school," Avery explained, "But Hogwarts is also divided into four houses. They were created and named after the four founders of the school and each student is sorted into them depending on the qualities that fit us the best. These qualities are based on the things that the four founders valued."

Avery paused for a moment before continuing. "The houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Amy couldn't help but snicker slightly. "Sorry, sorry. It's just that those are really weird-sounding names. And you looked so serious when saying them. It's a bit difficult to take seriously." She hesitated, and curiosity overtook her. "So, what are they like? I mean, the school in general and the houses and everything."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 pm

"The school's a castle," Avery said, "I really can't wait to see it."

She grinned. "And the personalities that people usually put with each house are: Gryffindor is bravery, Ravenclaw is intelligence, Slytherin is cunning and Hufflepuff I think is everyone else. My dad was in Ravenclaw, and I'm hoping to follow him into that house. But I'll be happy with anyone but Slytherin."

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Amy frowned slightly. "Why would Slytherin be a bad thing? I mean, cunning is kind of useful. It's like being clever with about 30 percent more focus." She leaned back a bit. "I mean, if anything, it sounds like the Hufflepuffs have the worst deal. Almost like, 'sorry, you're not good enough to be anywhere else, so you have to go here.' And they have the silliest sounding name, too. Hufflepuff. Huffleflufflepuff. Pufflehuff."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Avery almost laughed at that. "Maybe they have a funny sounding name but I'd still rather be there then in Slytherin. First of all, I don't want to think of what my family would think of me. The Slytherin's are a nasty bunch. That house turns out a lot of dark wizards, and they are prejudice to people like you, who aren't from magical families. Many of them think that they're better then everyone else because they come from old, pureblood wizarding families. Like that really makes a whole lot of difference in the long run."

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Amy looked concerned. "Turns out a lot of dark wizards?" She asked, worried. Then she shrugged. "Well, I guess there's got to be one of the groups that has the most. And being cunning is kind of a prerequisite for being successfully evil. But I don't think it works both ways. I mean, being cunning doesn't mean you're evil. It just helps." She hesitated. "I think. Anyway, that whole anti-non-magickey-family prejudice sounds kind of annoying. So maybe not the best place for me."

After a moment, she added, "But I still don't think I'd like being a Hufflepuff."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 pm

"Then you should hope for either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw," Avery said. "I don't think you'll have to worry about being in Slytherin. I don't really know of any muggleborns who were sorted into that house because of the pureblood thing."

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Amy thought. "Well, Ravenclaw sounds good. I mean, being smart's a good thing. I'm pretty sure it is. I'm guessing they're the ones with the bird on the shield? 'Cause, you know, ravens?" Before Avery could answer, she continued. "And, using bad logic, I'm guessing Slytherin is the one with the snake. Because it sounds like slithering. Which snakes do. So Hufflepuff is either the one with the badger or the lion, and honestly, I think badgers are a bit more huffle-y. Which would make the lion Gryffindor's thing?"

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Avery nodded, looking impressed. "That's right. I wouldn't have thought that you'd get all of those right on the first try. With that type of logic, you could very well be sorted into Ravenclaw."

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Amy laughed. "Hon, you know my logic is largely based off of making things up as I go along, and trying to see if there's any reason why it shouldn't work. I don't think that's what people are looking for when they say intelligence. And I'm saying this largely because Ravenclaw sounds cool but I don't want to tempt fate."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 pm

"I guess we won't really know what house we're in until we actually get to the school and get sorted," Avery said, "But it is interesting to try and think about what house we'll be in."

She was thought for a little while before changing the subject. "What do you think your parents are going to think about all this?"

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 pm

"You mean, aside from being convinced that the world has gone mad?" Amy asked, giggling slightly. "I honestly have no idea. Somewhere between confused and happy, I guess."

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 pm

"It should be interesting," Avery said.

She thought about what Amy's reaction had been when she had first gotten the letter and was glad that she had known what to expect from the beginning. Not knowing about all of this beforehand would be confusing, she realized. Especially with how well the wizarding world kept themselves hidden. If Avery had known Amy would be going to Hogwarts she would have told her about all of it when they were younger.

--

A few days later, they went to Diagon Alley together.

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

((From Diagon Alley))

"You know that you're going to have to get used to owls since they carry all of our mail," Avery said as they arrived back at her house, "Either that or never write a letter to anyone. And I'm sure you're going to want to let your parents know how you're doing every once in a while."

She followed her father and brother into the house, expecting Amy to follow her. After all, it would be fun to pack together. Doing anything together made anything, even if it was as boring as getting everything into their trunks, much more fun. Once she reached her room, Avery set Seeker's cage down on the floor and dumped her robes, books and other stuff into a heap on her bed.

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ResidentPyro Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Amy shook her head. "Of course not, you're forgetting the simple solution to that! I just write letters, and then make you or someone else send them out for me. Then, when I get a response, I'll do the same thing only backwards!" She laughed a bit at her plan, knowing how ridiculous it sounded, and collapsed on a mostly-empty spot on Avery's bed.

ResidentPyro

Back to top Go down

Post  Star the Foxhound Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:39 pm

"So I get the job of messenger then?" Avery asked, flopping down next to Amy. "What if I'm not willing to agree to that?"

There was no reason why she wouldn't, and Avery knew that. But for some reason she had been tempted to say something other then just a simple alright.

Star the Foxhound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RaviLND Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Amy opened her mouth to speak, but before she could say anything, both girls heard a loud knock on the front door, which they'd left open, and a loud voice shouting through the house. "Hey Avery! Guess who just got her letter to Hogwarts! No more worrying about changing my hair all the time now, I can do all the magic I want in school! Won't this be amazing? So, did you get your letter yet?" Rapid footsteps came down the hall, and Ash came tumbling into view clumsily, her long black hair falling loosely all around her face as she tripped and somersaulted into Avery's bedroom, coming to a stop right in front of the bed. She shook her head and looked up with a big grin, only to have the smile fade when she spotted Amy. "Oh, uh, I mean....well, it's just this game Avery and I play, Ams, it's nothin' really." She stammered out, flushed an impressive shade of red that had never before graced her caramel skin as far as Amy knew. "So, uh, what's up with you guys then? Been havin' fun without me, I suppose?"

RaviLND

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum